Is it possible to determine the sequential order of features along polyline or route?

01-10-2020 07:02 AM
HelenaBreuer
New Contributor III

I am trying to determine the sequential order of features along multiple routes. For each route, there is and origin and destination, and they intersect transit stops along the way.

I have used Locate Features Along Route, and it output the transit stops in ascending order based on their respective numeric value. 

I need to get it to output the order it intersects the transit stops from origin to destination. 

For example, if I manually zoom in on Route X, and it intersects transit stops in the following order: 5, 3, 8 , 9, 2

the output table will sort the attributes based on the value so it will say it intersects in this order: 2, 3, 5, 8, 9.

Additionally, I have performed spatial joins between the Routes layer and the layer with the transit stops, with the match option being Intersect and the join type being one to many. The output table sorts it in the same ascneding numeric value order as well.

Is there any way I can work around this or is there another tool that I am unaware of that will output the intersecting features in sequential order?

0 Kudos
0 Replies