Insert a special character in legend

Jump to solution
06-10-2022 03:42 PM
Labels (1)
Hope-Hauptman
Occasional Contributor

How can I use mu (ug/L)  instead of spelling out microgram in the legend of my map? I do not know python. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

In the Windows tool bar, in the Search field, type “Char”, and “Character Map” will be the top hit. Click on it, and it will open a dialog that displays all possible characters in a given font face. In its Search-for field, type “mu”, and that character will appear along with others that match that sequence (e.g. the multiplication sign). Click on the µ character and copy it with control-C, then paste it into your legend.

— Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could add the Mu (µ) symbol (copy-paste) from MS Word to the Layer Name/ Description in Contents Pane.

The same should reflect in Legends as well.

JayantaPoddar_0-1654903540543.png

JayantaPoddar_1-1654903794456.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
AndyAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

In the Windows tool bar, in the Search field, type “Char”, and “Character Map” will be the top hit. Click on it, and it will open a dialog that displays all possible characters in a given font face. In its Search-for field, type “mu”, and that character will appear along with others that match that sequence (e.g. the multiplication sign). Click on the µ character and copy it with control-C, then paste it into your legend.

— Andy