Select to view content in your preferred language

Incorrect Display field published to map service

08-15-2022 06:51 AM
JemGIS
by
New Contributor

When publishing a map service from ArcGIS Pro 3.0, the resulting published map service has the wrong display field.

Is this a bug? I only found one reference to this issue: https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/300154/arcgis-pro-published-layer-not-picking-correct-displa...

This one explains about the Display field but nothing about a bug: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/what-is-the-display-field/m-p/742001

Does anyone else have this problem/know a workaround/is this a bug????

JemGIS_2-1660570384007.png

JemGIS_1-1660570260110.png

Am I missing something, like a setting? Thanks!

3 Replies
SSchott_CLAU
New Contributor III

@JemGIS , I have been publishing using ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and haven't encountered this bug yet.

What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you publishing to?

Before publishing, do you save your map document?

I have found if the map document isn't saved, sometimes updated config doesn't pull through to the service.

Try saving the project and republishing the service.

0 Kudos
JemGIS
by
New Contributor

Currently on 10.6.1 upgrading to 10.9 very soon. I saved both the mapx and aprx and published with the same results. However, I changed the field name from TREATMENT_CENTER to TREATMENT_NAME and republished and it picked up the TREATMENT_NAME field so this must still be true:

The display expression defaults to the first field of string type that contains the text name (case insensitive) in the field name. If no name field exists, the display field defaults to the first field of string type, then the first field of integer type, then the first field of any type.

I'm hoping this isn't the case when we upgrade our enterprise.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@JemGIS @SSchott_CLAU We are using Pro 3.1 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.  I am seeing a somewhat similar issue.  When I create an expression for the display field in Pro and then publish it, the published service's display field is blank.  Every time.

0 Kudos