Select to view content in your preferred language

Importing custom tools from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-17-2023 06:44 AM
Labels (2)
ScottRobinson
Occasional Contributor

I have custom tools I've added to ArcMap in the ESRI addin format.  How do I migrate those to ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

There are no Python Addins in ArcGIS Pro, and there are no plans to add them: Python Add-Ins for ArcGIS Pro - Page 8 - Esri Community

Instead, Addins have to be built with the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .Net. Build your first add-in | Documentation | ArcGIS Developers

With some luck, you can port the majority of your addin functionality into a Python toolbox. With that, you would have to same GUI as the normal ArcGIS geoprocessing tools. You may want to look into What is a Python toolbox?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation .

If you decide to go down that route, It's important to note that ArcMap uses Python 2.7, but ArcGIS Pro uses Python 3.X. There are some changes in the syntax, you can read more here: Python migration from 10.x to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

There are no Python Addins in ArcGIS Pro, and there are no plans to add them: Python Add-Ins for ArcGIS Pro - Page 8 - Esri Community

Instead, Addins have to be built with the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .Net. Build your first add-in | Documentation | ArcGIS Developers

With some luck, you can port the majority of your addin functionality into a Python toolbox. With that, you would have to same GUI as the normal ArcGIS geoprocessing tools. You may want to look into What is a Python toolbox?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation .

If you decide to go down that route, It's important to note that ArcMap uses Python 2.7, but ArcGIS Pro uses Python 3.X. There are some changes in the syntax, you can read more here: Python migration from 10.x to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Have a great day!
Johannes
ScottRobinson
Occasional Contributor

Thank-you for the information.

0 Kudos