Select to view content in your preferred language

Import *.MPK files to ArcGIS Pro project with data

11-03-2023 08:34 AM
YMSSK
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I need help with importing of *.mpk files from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro. I would like to create a new ArcGIS Pro project from *.mpk file and share it with other collegues. When I use "Import map" tool and then I save the project, data are not saved in project default geodatabase. They are stored in users directory. Therefore it is not possible to share it. I could copy data manualy to default geodatabase and change data source of layers, but it is time comsuming. Is there any other solution? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One workflow to consider is to use the Extract Package (Data Management) GP tool instead of "Import Map" as this gives you control where the geodatabase/contents will be extracted to.  You are correct that extracting a map package does not automatically put its contents into the default geodatabase.  The only way to do this is copy/paste or drag/drop from one geodatabase to the other.

YMSSK
by
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for your help. I will try it using Extract Package. It will be a lot of work becase I have 95 *.mpk files 😞

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One way to make the process easier is to build a model in ModelBuilder using the Iterate Files iterator.  This link shows you the workflow to create such a model.  It does make things much easier!

0 Kudos