Import Map Fails - "LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The module could not be found"

567
6
Jump to solution
06-29-2021 08:13 AM
Labels (2)
ThomasM_MOGov
New Contributor II

I'm using Pro 2.8.1 and attempting to import an mxd. The process immediately fails and I get an error saying "LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The module could not be found." When I close the error, it shuts down Pro.

I have a coworker still using 2.8.0 that has no issues running the import and another coworker using 2.8.1 that gets the same error that I do. I've tried multiple, simple MXDs with the same error every time.

The information I've been able to find about the error (not Arc-specific, I can't find any reference to this issue on anything ERSI-related) makes it sound like it only happens when using a program on a remote session, but I'm working locally.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM_MOGov
New Contributor II

I was able to fix this issue by disabling my AMD Radeon graphics card. Seems like the issue may have nothing to do with Pro, just a less-than-stellar graphics card.

Disable_Graphics_Card.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does this issue occur with a specific MXD or multiple MXDs.

Please connect with the Esri Technical support.

If the issue is reproducible, they may log a bug.



Think Location
0 Kudos
ThomasM_MOGov
New Contributor II

I tried several MXDs and had the same issue with all of them, as did my coworker.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Frequent Contributor

To test if it's a 2.8.1 issue, you can go to Control Panel, Uninstall a program and click on View installed updates.  Select and uninstall ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 update and try your workflow again.  If the *.mxd imports correctly, then it may be an issue with the 2.8.1 update.  You can then log this as a BUG with Esri Technical Support as @JayantaPoddar mentioned.

ThomasM_MOGov
New Contributor II

On your advice, I rolled back the update to 2.8.0, and the problem persisted. So I completely unistalled Pro, removed all associated folders in my user/local and roaming folders, and did a clean install of 2.8.0. The issue is still there, which leads me to believe the issue is something with my computer and not Pro, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

0 Kudos
ThomasM_MOGov
New Contributor II

I was able to fix this issue by disabling my AMD Radeon graphics card. Seems like the issue may have nothing to do with Pro, just a less-than-stellar graphics card.

Disable_Graphics_Card.JPG

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks, that fixed it for one of my users. She was the only one having this problem, even after upgrading to 2.9