Import 3D Object to Arcgis Pro

10-16-2019 08:39 AM
Ha_YongWong
New Contributor II

i am new to Arcgis Pro.  Currently i have using drone to take photos for the buildings for a house area and converted to 3d object ie; .dae and .obj file. In the arcgis pro, i converted my .obj file generated for pix4d to multi patch features but the textures didn't displayed at all. Anyone know what i did wrong and if anyone keep to teach me the steps to convert a 3d obj file in latest Arcgis Pro. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The Import 3D Files geoprocessing tool will import *.obj files into a geodatabase.  It does require the 3D Analyst extension though.

0 Kudos
Ha_YongWong
New Contributor II

i managed to import *.obj files into a gdb, but the textures is not displayed when i adding it to 3D map scene. any idea?

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...can you try a different 3d format such as *.3ds, *.wrl, *.flt or *.dae?  Is the result still the same?  Please advise.

Ha_YongWong
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I tried obj, dae and 3ds. And only *.dae displayed texture, but the *.dae

texture also not displayed as what i expected, only the top view is ok. if

view from side, it display something in "lines" instead of the actual.

Sorry, i am very new to arcgis, just activated our arcgis pro license

yesterday. it might due to the data that i prepare wrongly.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP
MVP

I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
SOVANMonisochineath
New Contributor

I am trying with ArcGIS Pro.  Currently i have using drone to take photos for the buildings for a house area and converted to 3d object ie; .dae and .obj file. In the arcgis pro, i converted my .obj file generated for pix4d to multi patch features but the textures didn't displayed at all. Anyone know what i did wrong and if anyone keep to teach me the steps to convert a 3d obj file in latest Arcgis Pro. Thanks

0 Kudos
SabrinaAcquaviva
New Contributor II

Good evening, I'm new to this forum. I have recently approached arcgis pro and I am trying to import a mesh made from a photogrammetric survey, but I have the same result as the others, the mesh is displayed in stripes. The mesh is a .dae format. is there a solution for this? thank you 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
IanMoffit
New Contributor II

The problem I have had with that situation is that the imported obj file was not georeferenced. When in ArcGIS Pro zoom to layer to see if it is showing up on the wrong location. If it is follow the instructions in the link.  

IanMoffit
New Contributor II

For what ever reason it wont let me post the link so google "obj incorrectly geogreferenced and a user named DavidAlvarez3 post the instructions.