Image not appearing as attribute when converting a KML file

02-11-2021 12:08 PM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I have a KML file that shows point locations and contains an image within  that locations attributes. When I convert the KML file in Arcgis Pro the point location appears and the text populates in the attribute field. However the image that is also part of the data for each point does not appear. How do I go about getting the image to appear when converting the kml file? If I can't do that in Pro is there a work around that might be possible?

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Wade - this looks related to an ArcMap issue seen previously - it looks like it may be the same in ArcGIS Pro.

NIM086198 : Images in pop-ups from KML are not maintained with the KML to Layer tool

Resolution: When converting a KML to layer the attached photos will not come through to their own field. KML is coded in HTML which ArcMap will not read and recognize the need to convert to a field with paths to photos.

If the KML file is less than 10mb, it can be published in ArcGIS Online.

NIM086198 : Images in pop-ups from KML are not maintained with the KML to Layer tool

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

Robert - That is the exact issue that is occurring in ArcGis Pro. Do you know if a work around was ever put forward?

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I am not sure that is possible?  A work around is after you convert them add the images as attachments.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/edit-file-attachments.htm

0 Kudos