Image Classification: Random Trees was included in Classifier dropdown, but not anymore

Jump to solution
11-03-2021 01:56 PM
CAEPMAN
New Contributor II

I'm longtime Desktop user, but newbie with Pro 2.8.3. I am working from home with borrowed concurrent licensing to do image classification on an RGB image that was collected with a drone. I was able to use Image Classification and select Random Trees from the Classifier dropdown. I populated the GUI to identify:

1. Poly shapefile with training samples I created through the Arc Pro Training Samples Manager
  2. Segmented Image
  3. Path and name for the Output Classified Dataset
  4. Path and name for the Output Classifier Definition File

I used the presented defaults for the max number of trees, max tree depth, and max number of samples per class fields on the GUI. This run setup generated a classified output dataset and an *.ecd file. I now want to run Random Trees again, but this time using a different set of training samples. For some reason the Classifier dropdown on the Image Classification GUI is now only listing "Support Vector Machine". Why is Random Trees not being listed as an available classifier after I already used it? I checked my licensing/extensions... all that it fine.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CAEPMAN
New Contributor II

Random Trees is now showing up in the dropdown for the Classifier field. I have no idea what I did to resolve this issue. Bizzare, but now I can move forward on this project!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Train Random Trees Classifier (Image Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Train Support Vector Machine Classifier (Image Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

There are slight differences in the accepted inputs.  Did your previous example and current one have the same image type?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
CAEPMAN
New Contributor II

Yes, all fields in subsequent attempts have been setup exactly the same - they have been compared to a screencap of the populated GUI I collected before the initial run was started.

-Darren

0 Kudos
CAEPMAN
New Contributor II

Also note, I have access to Spatial Analyst, but not Image Analyst. Random Trees is available through both of these extensions.

-Darren

0 Kudos
CAEPMAN
New Contributor II

Random Trees is now showing up in the dropdown for the Classifier field. I have no idea what I did to resolve this issue. Bizzare, but now I can move forward on this project!

0 Kudos