Select to view content in your preferred language

Ideas for Spatial Interpolation - Chernobyl

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
JakeTepass
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm about to undertake a final GIS project for university and would love some ideas for analysis.

Essentially we get free reign for our final Master's GIS project, and I've chosen to investigate soil contamination within the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone using spatial interpolation techniques to pretty much see the differences between the different interpolation methods. 

I've got all the data (points throughout the exclusion zone containing various variables) and want to focus on mapping Sr90 within the soil. 

Currently I'm just thinking of using the Geostatistics Wizard to map the concentrations of Sr90 throughout the CEZ, does anyone have any cool ideas to add? Such as different influencing variables like land cover etc. that might make the analysis more in-depth?

Would love to hear any ideas!

Jake

1 Reply
dhandaln
New Contributor

It let's you put a one off adventure on light rails, keeps the group focused, let's them make substantial choices with potential for long term results (or consequences), and it is an unorthodox experience for them to play with, which is always a nice way to break up a campaign a bit in my opinion https://speedtest.vet/ 

0 Kudos