I have a question about "Contour Placement" of labels in Pro

Jump to solution
10-30-2017 08:35 AM
SeanSummers_CC
New Contributor III

I have a contour feature in my ArcGIS Pro project.  When I turn on the labels for the elevation (double), they seem to label fine for all of the different label placement options except for "Contour Placement".  I can scroll through all the placement options such as "Basic Line", "European Streets", "North American Streets", etc.. and watch the labels change position, but as soon as I choose the "Contour Placement" they just don't appear.  I have the "View Unplaced" option checked and nothing shows up.  I have tried different options within the placement control pane such as Uphill Alignment, Page Alignment, Ladders and nothing seems to work.  I guess my question is does anybody else have this problem? Is this a bug?  Am I doing something silly?  Thanks for any feedback.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

This wouldn't be a conflict between the different Maplex labeling styles.  It is probably due to the municipal boundaries layer having a high weight set to it.  Which would also explain why adding it in again would fix the issue as the weight would be reset to 0.  do you have a copy of the old project where you could check the weights?

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger
Occasional Contributor III

ESRI tech support told me this was a bug that has been addressed in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.

However, yes the workaround was to drop the interior weight of the boundary file to 0 and then the contours showed up.

Thanks

0 Kudos