How to use Remap raster function to remap NoData?

11-03-2020 07:28 AM
JoshuaBailey1
New Contributor II

Hi everybody. I have been trying to use the Remap raster function to reclassify the USA Wetlands imagery layer from the Living Atlas. My goal is to create a new layer with two values: one value indicating the presence of wetlands and one value indicating the absence of wetlands. So my idea was to remap NoData to one value, and everything else to another value. 

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to use NoData as an input value for the Remap function. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. If you think there's another approach I should consider, I would love to hear that as well.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

not sure about remap, but "isnull" can be used to map where nodata occurs and it can be used with "con" to assign those areas a value

Is Null (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

... sort of retired...
JoshuaBailey1
New Contributor II

Thanks! That sounds perfect. But when I use the USA Wetlands layer as the input raster, it returns a layer whose values are all 1.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the null/nodata value? That should be defined when you examine the raster.  If there is a particular value that you want to set as null then you need to use

Set Null (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoshuaBailey1
New Contributor II

I didn't have to use Set Null, it's just that it wouldn't work using the USA Wetlands imagery layer (with or without Set Null). I clipped the imagery layer and then used my raster function on that. It worked as expected, with or without Set Null. 

I'm not sure why it won't work unless clipped. I guess my next course of action is an attempt to use the Clip raster function plus the Current display extent to make it work the way I want. 

If you have any further advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

0 Kudos