How to use Import Contingent Values (Data Management) without subtypes?

02-03-2022 08:16 PM
JoshuaLogsdon1
New Contributor II
I keep getting errors and crashes when running the Import Contingent Values tool. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate it. I think it has something to do with my SUBTYPE and SUBTYPE_NAME values, but I'm not sure which values to use since I'm not using subtypes. Here's my errors, my FieldGroups.csv, and ContingentValues.csv:

EXCEL_49cXgekmfo.png

EXCEL_QzQwRjqNOP.png

ArcGISPro_GbqLJyOKsY.png

   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MArreguin
New Contributor II

Hi Joshua,

Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm running into a similar issue unfortunately.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
Fidelity_NationalTitle
New Contributor III

My application is also crashing when I attempt to run the Import Contingent Values tool. And now any effort I make to reproduce the table into a test/production table also crashes the application. 

0 Kudos
Fidelity_NationalTitle
New Contributor III

Turned out my application was crashing because I needed to address some data hygiene issues in my CSVs. The trouble was not related to the absence of subtypes...

0 Kudos
Neha
by
New Contributor II

Hi @JoshuaLogsdon1  - I am trying the same thing and I have only made small progress so far.

I see you have mentioned that you're not using a subtype, I'd still suggest having the subtype and subtype_name. Use the value "0" for the subtype and leave the subtype_name blank. Do you have the CV_TYPE2 and so on for the other domains? With the above importing contingent values was successful, however, got an error "Found contingent value error for field group" and was not able to save it.

0 Kudos
BalikesirBüyükşehirBelediye
New Contributor

have a nice day, I also dealt with this error for a long time, and finally I solved the problem with my own logic. The mistake we made here is that we enter a text value under the "CV_Value" column. What should be done is to give a single code to the repeating values, as we did when creating a domain. ıt will be better understood in the example image.

0001.jpg

0 Kudos