How to turn off Transformation Warnings?

Jump to solution
05-18-2022 04:15 AM
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Hello,
I am using ArcGis project that was started using an older ArcGis version (not Pro). Everything works fine except every time I open the project about 40-50 Transformation Warnings start to pop up after every 1-2 second and I must wait like minute or more before I can do something. It is very annoying. Is it possible to turn off the warning?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

There are lot more details you may need to share but without them I will construe this.

Is your data in Shapefiles or a database?

It would seem that your date is in multiple projections that are not compatible with each other. Meaning they are made for a specific area and cannot mesh up with the data it shares a location with. 

Possible solution would be to create a new database were all feature datasets use the same projection.  I would suggest using 

WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere
WKID: 3857 Authority: EPSG

Import all your data into the new Feature Data Set(s)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

There are lot more details you may need to share but without them I will construe this.

Is your data in Shapefiles or a database?

It would seem that your date is in multiple projections that are not compatible with each other. Meaning they are made for a specific area and cannot mesh up with the data it shares a location with. 

Possible solution would be to create a new database were all feature datasets use the same projection.  I would suggest using 

WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere
WKID: 3857 Authority: EPSG

Import all your data into the new Feature Data Set(s)

0 Kudos
fred7
by
New Contributor III

I have over 50 maps with different water parameters in different days. I think it is easier to wait 1 minute rather than to import all those maps to new Feature Data Set. I was thinking that there is an option to turn off the Transformation Warnings (or any other pop-ups) but it seems that there is not.

But thank you for the suggestions!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, there is a way to turn off this functionality.  Go the Project tab->Options and in the Application group->Map and Scene.  Expand Spatial Reference and uncheck "Warn if transformation between geographic coordinate system is required to align data sources correctly."  Voila - no more warning messages.

0 Kudos
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Thank you, but that checkbox is empty by default.

0 Kudos