How to reverse an Intersect tool?

Jump to solution
03-27-2022 09:52 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

I am building a model in ModelBuilder and need to select properties inside a boundary and properties outside a boundary. 

The Select by Location tool is not giving me want I need so I have used the Intersect tool to pick up properties within a boundary. 

What is the tool/how do I perform the reverse action of the Intersect tool so I can select properties outside of my boundary?

Thanks 

HL
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LongDinh

Hi @Hayley ,

Have you tried the invert spatial relationship parameter on the Select By Location tool ?

The alternative is to use Erase after your Intersect on the original properties with the intersected data which will Erase the intersection from the original properties to create a new set - an inverse feature class

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LongDinh

Hi @Hayley ,

Have you tried the invert spatial relationship parameter on the Select By Location tool ?

The alternative is to use Erase after your Intersect on the original properties with the intersected data which will Erase the intersection from the original properties to create a new set - an inverse feature class

Hayley
by

Yup the Select by Location isn't giving me the results I need which is why I'm using the Intersect

Thanks, great idea about the Erase!

HL