Select to view content in your preferred language

How to repair data sources for multiple layers in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
04-12-2023 09:47 AM
BenjamenWetherill
New Contributor III

I am finding that it is very cumbersome to repair data sources for multiple layers in ArcGIS Pro. For example, if you change the location of your files in your directory (as happens when you migrate to One-Drive or change any folder names), then you need to fix data sources for all layers in all maps. In ArcMap, it was possible to right-click on one broken layer and select Data-->Repair Data Source, and it would automatically repair all layers with the same relative path (but different data sources). This does not seem to be possible in ArcPro. It is necessary to do each layer individually, which can be a mammoth task if you have many maps each with many layers.  Why doesn't ArcPro provide this simple functionality?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

It doesn't work quite as well, but try clicking the red exclamation instead of going Data-Repair Data Source.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

It doesn't work quite as well, but try clicking the red exclamation instead of going Data-Repair Data Source.

BenjamenWetherill
New Contributor III

That worked very well for me!  It never occurred to me to click there.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Took me a while to find it too. As much as I like ArcPro, for me this one falls into the category of "aint broke don't fix it." Seemed like the Data->Repair Data Source worked just fine.

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Functional steps in the Data Management blog by @HannahD  Hannah Deindorfer:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/data-management/data-management/arcgis-pro-tips-5-tips-for... 

Use the "Change Data Source" in tip 5.

0 Kudos