Select to view content in your preferred language

How to quickly resize a legend?

03-21-2018 01:31 PM
RyanKeeney2
New Contributor

In ArcMap it is possible to resize the legend by grabbing a control handle and dragging. When this is done, the whole legend and all of its associated elements grow or shrink. If I try this same method to increase the legend size in ArcGIS Pro, only the control frame with the handles change size, not the legend itself (see attached image). If I try to shrink it, the actual legend border and background shrinks but the other elements become disorganized. The only workaround I can find is to manually change the size of each individual element (eg. title, label, patch). Changing the measurements under Format Legend -> Placement -> Size does the same thing. Is it possible to resize the legend in ArcGIS Pro with one simple action or setting change?

Tags (3)
11 Replies
CathyWilson
New Contributor III

I found that in a different thread and voted up!

I ended up using the convert-to-graphics method, but made a copy of the legend first, in case I need to change something so I won’t have to start over.

Thanks!

cw

0 Kudos
ReaganSmiley
New Contributor

I have found that if I increase the "labels" text size in the legend properties to something higher such as 14-18pt font and then drag the corners of the legend it actually does change the legend text size within a certain range.Legend sizing

0 Kudos