Select to view content in your preferred language

How to publish a hosted feature layer that was deleted but is still loaded into pro.

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 11:16 AM
Labels (1)
brooks248
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I was editing some layers for a web app in pro. I must've deleted the layers in my content  on online as the urls lead to nowhere now and are invalid when i try to publish it from pro as a web map . So the specific layers are no longer in my contents online, but they are in some of my web maps but of course it cannot load in. when i click on it in the details page it goes to the ArcGIS REST Services Directory where it says the url is invalid.  When i try to package it i get "ERROR 001707: Data cannot be opened: FeatureService" 

I also will get this too "ERROR: code:400, Invalid URL, Invalid URL, Bad syntax in request."

publishing as a new map doesn't give an error but it just references the deleted layers so it doesn't solve the problem. The same thing if i try and save as a layer file or a map file.

Since it is still loaded in pro, is there a way i can save it? Or republish it?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
brooks248
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply,

How do i do that? do i just use the Export Features button? When i do i get the following:

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Bad syntax in request. (status code 400).
Failed to execute (ExportFeatures).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Something else that might??? be worth trying is paste specialing all your stuff into a blank feature class.

brooks248
New Contributor II

Thats a great idea. That makes so much sense.  I'm not sure how to do the paste specialing.  But I did what you said and created blank feature classes and then used the export feature tool with the output as the new blank feature classes and that worked perfectly. Thank you so much @AlfredBaldenweck for the help. 

4 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Try exporting to a local database, then republishing from there.

brooks248
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply,

How do i do that? do i just use the Export Features button? When i do i get the following:

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Bad syntax in request. (status code 400).
Failed to execute (ExportFeatures).

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Something else that might??? be worth trying is paste specialing all your stuff into a blank feature class.

brooks248
New Contributor II

Thats a great idea. That makes so much sense.  I'm not sure how to do the paste specialing.  But I did what you said and created blank feature classes and then used the export feature tool with the output as the new blank feature classes and that worked perfectly. Thank you so much @AlfredBaldenweck for the help.