Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Format Data Layers and Attribute Tables for Geographic Weighted Regression in ArcGIS Pro

07-28-2023 02:56 PM
nicofierrov
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI Community,

I am reaching out today in search of guidance on how to properly format various data layers in order to conduct a Geographic Weighted Regression (GWR) in ArcGIS Pro. I'm also looking for insights on how to format the data within the attribute tables of these layers.

I am trying to understand how to structure my data layers and attribute tables effectively to apply this model.

1. Data Layer Formatting for GWR: When working with multiple data layers, what is the recommended method for formatting these to conduct a GWR?

- Do I need to normalize or standardize the data across layers before applying the model?
- How should I handle categorical variables.
- If I have points and polygons, do I have to work the layers only on point entities? Only on polygon entities? Or can I use both?
- If I have to choose between polygonal entities or points, how do I do it?

2. Attribute Table Formatting: Similarly, I am trying to understand how best to format the data contained within the attribute tables of these layers.

- Are there specific conventions to follow in terms of numeric versus categorical data?
- What should I keep in mind when dealing with missing or inconsistent data within these tables?

I believe these topics are not only beneficial to me, but also other users who may be working with complex spatial analysis models in ArcGIS Pro. Any advice, best practices, or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Nico

1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Reference help documentation...

Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR) (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

How Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR) works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Regression analysis basics—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

with reference to this documentation discussing global or local multicollinearity

Generalized Linear Regression (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

plus the spatial stats site 

Spatial Statistics | Spatial Statistics Resources (arcgis.com)

/

Many of the questions posed here can be assessed in light of the documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos