Select to view content in your preferred language

How to export simple dbf for import into Excel

Jump to solution
01-07-2019 06:58 PM
MalcolmLittle
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm used to exporting an attribute table in ArcMap (version 10.4 in particular) for further analysis in Excel. Normally, I open the attribute table in ArcMap, click on the top-left icon, choose Export, and send everything to a DBASE table:

This produces a dbf file I can drag-and-drop right into Excel, and get a readymade table just as it was in ArcMap.

Tried the same in ArcPro (version 2.1.3), and figured out how to export to a DBF. However, instead of the above simple table of 3 columns, I get a lot of extraneous columns related to XML. Is there any way to replicate the same method that was so simple from ArcMap in ArcPro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Just a question? Is the DBF intermediate format really necessary? Wouldn´t Table To Excel—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop do the job to export a table to Excel?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

new world, but it works... total time 1 minute including screen grab stuff

MalcolmLittle
New Contributor III

That didn't work for me without adding a ton of extraneous XML schema columns. Nonetheless, I found out how to export to txt, which provides the result I need after Text-to-Columns

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ahhh, you need some tools to test for me then

Table Tools for ArcGIS Pro

Table to csv, table to txt, to npy, excel to table

Lots of toys..  

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Just a question? Is the DBF intermediate format really necessary? Wouldn´t Table To Excel—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop do the job to export a table to Excel?