Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create symbology of a depth-based profile that also uses graduated colors?

3 weeks ago
GinaGirgente
New Contributor III

I have a sediment dataset that is hierarchical; there are multiple samples taken at the same location because they've been taken at different depths. An example of the dataset would look like this:

Location IDSample IDDepth Interval (m)Concentration (mg)
1a0-158
1b1-5.23
1c5.2-85
2a0-610
2b6-732

The symbology for each location needs to be symbolized via graduated colors based off of Concentration, which I know how to do. Where I'm stuck is trying to figure out how to also symbolize the depths. I need the symbol for each depth to be stacked on top of each other. I'd like it to be something like this, with the labels as well:

GinaGirgente_0-1720095012423.png

Is this possible to do? I've been trying to figure it out in ArcGIS Pro with no luck. This layer will be used in Experience Builder, so the symbology needs to be supported by AGOL (I also posted this in the AGOL questions forum).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It's not clear what you are asking from your sketch. So are you saying that the black dot is a location of one point? Where the other location is a stack of 3 points, but rather than being displayed as a stack of points that would obscure each other you want them dispersed in a linear fashion as you have shown? If what I ask is correct then what's the maximum number of samples at a location, 3 as you show or 3,000?

Whilst display order of stacked data can be fiddled around with in ArcPro, be aware that AGOL is incapable of showing custom display orders. you need to edit you question add more precise detail in what it is you actually want.

0 Kudos