How to configure/access extensions through ArcGIS Pro concurrent license

03-15-2017 10:48 AM
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

I configured my ArcGIS pro licenses as concurrent. I need to provide access to the 3D analyst extension. I have provided access through AGO, but he is not able to utilize the extension. I assume I need to change something with my license file.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ann - you should be able to do this by going into MyEsri and configuring the extensions to work in a Concurrent Use environment.  I'd recommend reaching out to Esri Support Services for licensing to resolve.  Their number is 1-888-377-4575.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I used this How To: Get started with ArcGIS Pro using concurrent or single-use licenses  to help me move some of our licenses over.  I'm using a mix right now until we get more use out of any.  Remember that the concurrent Pro core/extensions are either thru the the "portal" or the license manager. So if you move to one of the licensing methods for a seat (for Pro), it is no longer avaiable in the other (for Pro). 

At least so fa for use, it hasn't affected Desktop licenses on maintenance.  just my 2 cents.

AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

Our concurrent use extensions were on our license manager before we added the pro concurrent use. Now the extensions don't show up as "licensed" in the pro - settings - licensing page. thoughts? 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you convert any of your "named users" extensions in the same process as you did the core?   They should show up then with the concurrent use core licenses in the license manager.  Once converted to concurrent, they will not show on the ArcGIS Online page anymore.

edit:  that is, pro-extensions and Desktop extensions are treated separately, just like the core.  GRID below is spatial analyst for Desktop, the "spatialAnalystP" is for Pro.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

Thanks Rebecca, i am not using named users. I had a license manager running with concurrent use desktop and extensions. Then I converted my named user accounts to concurrent for Pro and added them to the license manager. i am able to access the concurrent use basic and advanced pro licenses but the extensions are showing up as not licensed. when i tried to authorize them for use with pro it says they are all being used, which they are by the license manager but pro should have them available too but doesn't. hope that makes sense.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

so do i need to pull some off desktop and authorize for pro?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No, they should be separate, but you should have allocated them the same way you did the core Pro, thru the myesri website.    But it also assumes that your are on maintenance.

AmyKlug

OK i get it. they are not on myesri. but neither was pro. i need to have them fix that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ahh.  Yes, that would be an issue.  Sounds like a customer support call.  good luck!

0 Kudos