How do you perform a custom attribute calculation in a report in ArcGIS Pro?

08-18-2021 11:56 AM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

I would like to know how to perform a custom calculation / statistic in a report in ArcGIS Pro.

I can run a report and display an attribute value(s) for the records in the reports but how would I customize the report to run a custom calculation?

I am reviewing the following ESRI Tutorial: Tutorial: Create and modify a report—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation .

Say the user wants to do a basic calculation of the data and showcase that in the report. Say the user wants to display Population Difference  (Population 2000 value minus the Population 1990 value) for each state.

Or another basic example would be the user wants to display the population as a percent of the total sub regions population(Population2000 value divided by the Sum of the Population of the Sub region). 

How would this be done? I'm not seeing a reference online to this.

If this cannot be done in ArcGIS Pro directly, can it be done using the Pro SDK for .NET?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ScottLehto3,

You could accomplish this utilizing a custom script tool prior to creating the report. Since the reporting tool utilizes a feature class to generate the report, you can specify (using python) as to set up custom inputs from users, update the specified feature class, and then create the report.

Someone else might have other ideas about this, but this is all that I can think of at the moment. I will let you know if I come across any other methods.

0 Kudos
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Yeah. I would rather not update the feature class to run the calculation. I guess it could be done that way...One could make a column in the feature class for every calculation output that they run in their reports but that could get pretty messy. I thought it might be a cleaner way.

0 Kudos