Select to view content in your preferred language

How do you make an interactive river elevation map?

01-11-2024 01:52 PM
Labels (1)
Morgan_Corrigan
New Contributor

Hi! I work as a Fisheries Technician with a Tribe in Oregon. This office works to restore rivers to its natural form and increase habitat for salmonids to live and reproduce. We have been collecting Longitudinal data that is the elevation, habitat unit, and coordinates for some years on some of our projects. In the past the analysis has just been to make a elevation line graph in R. This year I want analyze and be able to show the changes in the river of both sinuosity and sediment load over time. I once saw an example from Esri of a watershed where you could drag your cursor along the river and show the elevation as you go? But I can't find that example again to save my life otherwise I would paste it here. 

My question is this have you guys seen and know how to show the elevation change of a restored river over time with data collected from RTk surveying equipment?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

something to look at

Interactive elevation profile basics—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Morgan_Corrigan
New Contributor

Thank you for replying. Although I went to add the elevation source to this map and it seems to need a DEM model not a source of elevation points in an .csv that I have from an RTK. Do you know a way around this?

0 Kudos