How do you change the default sort order for a style gallery?

Jump to solution
10-23-2019 12:05 PM
David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

I created a custom style gallery I use in ArcGIS Pro containing symbols.  When I have the Symbology pane open the symbols are only sorted by a default sort order.  Even when I change the sort order to alphabetical, they are still in the default sort order.  I have even changed the Key names to be alphabetical to no luck.  It seems that the default sort order is created as you create the style symbols.  The attached image shows that I created the Metro Market and Pier 1 styles first, so now they always appear at the top of the list.  It is becoming an issue as I add more styles to the gallery and have to search the entire list because there is no way to sort it alphabetically.

How do you change the default sort order? Edie Punt

T‌hanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David. What version of Pro are you using?

When you say you change the sort order to alphabetical, have you used the filter Icon > Sort by Name and nothing is changing or just catalog view? 

I have attached a gif to see if we are talking about the same workflow.

Symbology

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David. What version of Pro are you using?

When you say you change the sort order to alphabetical, have you used the filter Icon > Sort by Name and nothing is changing or just catalog view? 

I have attached a gif to see if we are talking about the same workflow.

Symbology

David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aarron

Thanks, your GIF solved my problem.  By sorting by Name it places all of the symbols in alphabetical order.  I'm not sure what the ID Name is, or where it is stored.

I'm using the latest version of ArcPro, as always

Thank you again for the help!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad that did the trick! As far as Sort by ID, I believe this is analogous to Default Sort in catalog view (sorting by their original order).

Aaron 

0 Kudos