Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I register a SQL data source using ArcGIS Pro

11-19-2017 08:17 PM
BenjieOrpilla
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

How do I register a SQL Server datasource on ArcGIS Server using ArcGIS Pro only?  Any updates I do on SQL server is not updating on the web layer I created.

Cheers,

Benjie

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Benjie,

Have you gone through the steps listed here?

Connect to Microsoft SQL Server from ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
BenjieOrpilla
Emerging Contributor

Hi Adrian. Yes I have - I was able to add the SQL data as a layer in ArcGIS Pro. However, it does ot seem to be updating my published webmap despite me changing some of the contents. I am wondering whether having a SQL server database on my local machine ([MyComputerName]\SQLEXPRESS) has anything to do with it. Does the data need to be somewhere where it is not on my local machine?

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

From ArcGIS Pro when you attempt to publish a web layer you have to select the Data come from a Reference register data

then during the analyze a message about that will be arize

select right click on it and register the source. you have to install the appropriate DBMS client on the server machine.

BenjieOrpilla
Emerging Contributor

Hi Panagiotis. I could not see the data option on the Share as Web Layer. My SQL data is coming from a database instance on my local machine.

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

In my case I am using ArcGIS Portal (ArcGIS Enterprise) in order to publish the Web Layer.

Are you using Portal or you are trying to publish on the Organization Account.

Please set as active Portal your local ArcGIS Portal before try to Publish the Web Layer.