Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I make an ArcGIS Pro Add-In appear by default for every user of a shared PC?

Jump to solution
02-01-2019 12:49 PM
AndrewRudin1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm setting up a shared PC with ArcGIS Pro, sort of like a computer lab PC.  I have an Add-In that I want to be turned on by default for every new user that logs in and starts up Pro.

First I placed the add-in in a folder on the PC all users can access.  Then when I logged into Pro I was able to go to Project->Add-In Manager->Options, then choose "add folder..." and point to that folder.

Now that I've done the work to set that up, is there a way to make that add-in folder applied permanently for all Pro users on that machine?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor
2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you seen this: ProConcepts Advanced Topics · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

Perhaps you need to set an Admin well-known folder registry key?

Also see: ArcGIS Pro Registry Keys · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

AndrewRudin1
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you! I used the "Settings Keys" section here: (https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ArcGIS-Pro-Registry-Keys#settings-keys-1).  Manually created a new registry key and pasted in my folder path.  Appears to work.  If I open Pro and remove the add-in, then close and reopen it appears.  Will try on Monday with a colleague logging in for the first time.

0 Kudos