How do I get a map package created with ArcGIS Pro viewable on my android "Explorer for ArcGIS" app?

08-07-2019 12:46 PM
TimDyes
New Contributor II

My maps created with ArgGIS Pro do not show up in my Explorer for ArcGIS android app.

Only the Web Maps created with ArcGIS Online show up.

The ArcGIS Pro maps do show up in the ArgGIS Online Content page but not the Gallery page.

And I have set those maps as shared to Everybody to no avail. I must be missing something.

Any help appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TimDyes
New Contributor II

Hi Kory, thanks for the quick response.

Yes I created a .mmpk which was published and shows as Content on ArcGIS Online, but doesn’t show on Explorer.

I looked at the link you gave but don’t see anything I’ve missed. Please advise.

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Maybe Mark Bockenhauer‌ has some quick things to look for...

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Tim,

Are you signing into Explorer for ArcGIS or are you using by continuing without signing in?

If you are continuing without signing in, you need to "enable the map for anonymous use" this setting is available via the ArcGIS Publisher Extension.

This article describes mostly how to add a hillshade to a mobile map, but also mentions enabling a map for anonymous use.   If you have the Publisher Extension you will see the option to enable for anonymous use.

Mark

TimDyes
New Contributor II

Yes I have been signed into Explorer for AcrGIS with my username. It shows the 2 web maps that I created via ArcGIS Online but no indication of the two mobile maps that were created with “enable for anonymous use” checked. Can I share any other info that might be helpful to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

In Explorer are you searching for them?

If you can see them via the web browser on ArcGIS Online, Explorer should have access to show them in the search results.

0 Kudos
TimDyes
New Contributor II

When I search in Explorer, I only see the 2 webmaps that are already visible under MyMaps. No sign of the maps created by ArcGIS Pro.

The ArcGIS Pro mobile map packages are accessible under the ArcGIS Online Content page, but only for Download/Update/Share.

No view option. Perhaps I’ve missed something needed to make it viewable that’s also needed to make it available to Explorer?

Tim

0 Kudos
TimDyes
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

I found the problem, I was using an ancient version (10.2.10) of Explorer which doesn’t support offline maps. Installed the latest (18.1.0) and it shows the mobile maps for download. Downloaded and they open fine when offline.

Thanks for your help!

Tim

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Great Tim.....  reminder to self to always verify version...