How do I export a legend to a graphics file?

Jump to solution
02-12-2021 12:28 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am exporting map layouts in Pro 2.7 to jpg files for a publication. They require the legend to be supplied as a separate jpg file. One used to be able to simply copy the legend in ArcMap and paste into Word or a graphics application and save it to various formats from there. I can't find where Pro has this functionality, or at least I haven't been able to figure out a workaround.

Thank you!

Pam

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip on snip n sketch. Did not know about that one. Resolution of the resulting (png) image seems to be pretty good, or at least it's better than a screen capture.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I use Windows snip and sketch all the time to do screen catpures: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/windows-10-tip-snip-sketch/

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you need something more powerful, I really like SnagIt (not free, but inexpensive). Just the graphic editor would make it worth it to me!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Will keep in mind for future use.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip on snip n sketch. Did not know about that one. Resolution of the resulting (png) image seems to be pretty good, or at least it's better than a screen capture.

0 Kudos