How do I downgrade objectID from 64bit to 32bit?

Jump to solution
02-21-2024 07:16 PM
Labels (3)
BrandonGuo
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to share a table with SYNC enabled, but the table's objectID was created with 64bit ObjectID. How do I downgrade the ObjectID?

I tried "export features" , and "import feature class"; neither of them allowed me to change the objectID data type.

There's a geoprocessing tool to upgrade the objectID to 64bit, but no downgrade tool. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonGuo
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help. I don't have the ArcSDE only Pro and Online. I ended up using FME and changed the objectID from int64 to int32, then overwritten the table in the FileGeoDabase. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
milesleeaus
New Contributor II

You could firstly flush the data into PostGres with ArcSDE, and then change the field type to the SmallInt or Integer type instead of BigInt, then export the data again from ArcSDE to your feature class.

0 Kudos
BrandonGuo
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help. I don't have the ArcSDE only Pro and Online. I ended up using FME and changed the objectID from int64 to int32, then overwritten the table in the FileGeoDabase. 

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, use Create Feature Class (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation geoprocessing tool instead of the "New > Feature Class" context menu in Catalog.  The geoprocessing tool allows you to pick between 32-bit and 64-bit ObjectIDs.

JoshuaBixby_0-1708617014030.png