Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I deal with the handlers around the Legend ???

Jump to solution
11-04-2022 07:50 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello, I have been dealing and struggle how to fix the handlers around my legend in ArcGIS Pro and I am having a hard time...

I am trying to get them to make the same as the white background...

Here is the screenshot..

PROBERT68_0-1667573191324.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Probert68, 

I think you can get the result you want by increasing the X and Y gap of your legend element background. Based on your screenshot it looks like you've got the legend element's anchor in the center.

Screenshot1.PNG

Some background info that you may find useful...

The legend bounding box, or frame, represents the potential maximum space for the legend. When you draw a box to insert the legend you are specifying to maximum space on the layout for the legend to grow if you add layers or, if you have enabled Feature Display Options for new classes to appear in the legend.  The border and background is designed to fit the current space of the legend. In the screenshot below I've highlighted the "potential" space for the legend to grow based on the box I "drew" to insert the legend.

Screenshot.PNG

The only fitting strategy where the legend element's border and background will always match legend frame is "Adjust frame".

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Probert68, 

I think you can get the result you want by increasing the X and Y gap of your legend element background. Based on your screenshot it looks like you've got the legend element's anchor in the center.

Screenshot1.PNG

Some background info that you may find useful...

The legend bounding box, or frame, represents the potential maximum space for the legend. When you draw a box to insert the legend you are specifying to maximum space on the layout for the legend to grow if you add layers or, if you have enabled Feature Display Options for new classes to appear in the legend.  The border and background is designed to fit the current space of the legend. In the screenshot below I've highlighted the "potential" space for the legend to grow based on the box I "drew" to insert the legend.

Screenshot.PNG

The only fitting strategy where the legend element's border and background will always match legend frame is "Adjust frame".

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Ahhh... Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad I could help!

0 Kudos