How do I create a step in a task to zoom to a fixed scale?

11-18-2015 08:10 AM
SeanSummers_CC
New Contributor III

Hello, I am trying my hand at creating a task in ArcGIS Pro.  I have figured out a step to use a SQL query to select a point based on an identification number.  I am trying to now make a step to zoom to the selected feature.  I have tried several methods but it doesn't seem to do what I want.

1) I tried the record step tool but that didn't work at all for me.  Maybe I'm just not sure how to use it.

2) I added the "zoom to selection" command.  This kind of works, but it never zooms in far enough.

3) I read elsewhere that you could "pan" to selected feature and then "scale" the map, but I can't seem to find a way to zoom to a fixed scale.

Ideally I would like to be able to zoom to my selected point with a scale of 1:1000 .  Any ideas?

2 Replies
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

I have exactly the same question. Did you find a solution for this?

0 Kudos
LauraEDugan
New Contributor II

I see that this is a really old thread, but I have the same question and am not finding any information on it. Does anyone know if this capability exists now, or if not, what an efficient workaround is? I played around with Fixed Zoom Out, but it would take about eight hidden steps of this to get to the scale I want.

0 Kudos