How can I auto populate the attribute table when I split a subdivision (parcel) into smaller parcels

07-15-2021 11:55 AM
GeoDev
by
New Contributor II

Initially the subdivision will have certain attributes like NAME of the subdivision; however, if I split this subdivision, I want it auto-populating the subsets with the same attributes. ArcMap allowed me to do this; however, I am having trouble finding out how to do it in Pro.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GeoDev 

Assuming you're using the Split editing tool found on the Modify Features pane, ensure that any domain fields have the proper split policy assigned. The Split and Divide tools will respect the split policy that is defined on the source geodatabase. This is mentioned in the documentation for the Split tool: Split a feature—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop

You can check the split policy by right-clicking on the layer in the Contents pane > Design > Domains. You can check the default value for a field by right-clicking on the layer in the Contents pane > Design > Fields.

You can do either of the following:

Set the default value of the field with the domain to something other than null (blank)
Set the split policy on the domain to 'Duplicate' instead of 'Default'

Does this help?

Thanks,

-Scott