Help with transition from trace geometric network to trace trace network

08-29-2022 06:25 AM
MarcoMattioli
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a workflow that uses the geometric network trace and I would like to replicate it using the trace network.

There are some things that I don't understand regarding the parallelism between the old and the new trace tools.

- In the GN trace tool there is a parameter called "in_disable_from_trace". Is there anything similar for the TN tool? I tried merging the feature classes from "in_disable_from_trace" with the "in_barriers" ("barriers" in the TN). It works, but the analysis become absimally slow (both in the GN and in the TN), at least for the "FIND_CONNECTED" ("CONNECTED" in the TN) trace type.

- I call the GN tool via python, then I get the results with "results = arcpy.tn.Trace(...)". With the TN tool I tried the same approach, but it seems that the results are in a different form. In the GN tool, result[0] is a list of layers, and every layer is a list of features that satisfy the trace. Is there anyone that knows how the results are returned by the TN tool or, even better, how to obtain the results in the same form of the GN tool?

Thank you,

Marco

0 Kudos
0 Replies