Help pages flip out

Jump to solution
04-23-2021 01:30 PM
Labels (1)
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sometimes I will google an ArcGIS help topic and when I try to view the page, it just flips out.  Does this happen to anyone else.  See my gif below.

There are time when I try to view a help page and goes through gyrations and says something like 'Successfully logged out'  Huh?  I am typically logged into this user account and sometimes logged into my organization AGOL account which is a separate user name.  The help pages will throw a fit even if I'm not logged into either esri account.  Most of the time it's just fine...

OnlineHelp.gif

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertGarrity
Esri Contributor

The fix was implemented today. If you continue to see the problem, clearing the cache once should fix it permanently at this point. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

And now moments later, and after clearing my browser cache for the last 7 days, it's behaving....

Happy Friday...

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I see this more often than I like. Something to do with auth tokens.

I see it more often if I'm logging into Survey123 or AGOL Assisstant using my Enterprise Portal credentials. But I've been seeing it today, too, and haven't been touching either of those tools.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

@jcarlson So glad I'm not the only one! So weird.  Such a PITA...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is an ongoing issue that @Anonymous User is aware of and was reported in the Community Feedback section.  The pain-in-the-cache method is the only current solution for now

... sort of retired...
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

pain-in-the-cache  That would be PITC...  🙄

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

I have messaged the Pro documentation team and the web help developers. Joe, I believe Dan Patterson has already proved that retirement is a mirage.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

My boss is already talking about me coming back part time, and I haven't even pulled the trigger yet: I told her I need to rack up a few more miles on our rv and catch way more fish before I consider that.  I'm trying to get Patterson out to Utah so he and I can do some flyfishing together and forget about python and arcade....

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Community service 😉 .... Just between gardening and snow shovelling 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Right now I can't even get out of my village 😉 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos