Select to view content in your preferred language

Help Improving my Geolocators?

06-13-2023 10:51 AM
JackB
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to create a new geolocator, but I am trying to get it to perform better than an older one that was created. I can't examine the properties of the previous one because it is in ArcGIS online I think. Even with admin rights, I can't see how it is configured. I have been reading through the articles, but I am having a difficult time understanding them. The accuracy is not good enough and I am having trouble figuring out how to improve it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

Optimizing a locator takes a lot of specialized knowledge, a thorough understanding of your data, and the willingness/ability to update your data and its schema. I recommend getting really familiar with the Geocoding section of ArcGIS Pro. Here is a web course to go through that is included is you are current on Maintenance. If you still have questions, you can also look for a paid training course.

JackB
by
New Contributor

I appreciate the help! By the way my manager described it, it didn't sound that difficult, good to know I am not struggling for no reason!

0 Kudos