Select to view content in your preferred language

Having So Much Trouble Trying to Get Data from One Table to Another

09-12-2024 11:53 AM
ShelbyMyers
New Contributor

Hello,

I've been at this for hours and I cannot figure out how to do something that I feel like should be simple. I'm currently using the Stormwater Data Manager solution Esri provides to input relevant data like water mains, and inlets. I already have an existing feature class for inlets and I've been trying to get this data (mainly the coordinates) into the BMP_Inlet feature class within the Stormwater Data Manager but nothing is working. I've tried everything I can think of, append doesn't work because of the difference in schema. I was able to do a join between the two but it seems to have done nothing, and I even tried copying and pasting the values of fields as well as copying and pasting the fields themselves but nothing is working out. The Stormwater Data Manager has a bunch of feature classes that relate to other web maps/applications and editors, so I can't really change the BMP_inlet feature class much but I feel like this shouldn't be that difficult. Everything I've tried has resulted in errors, even though both having matching fields, like lat/long, and x,y.

This is my last resort, thanks for your time! 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidSolari
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried mapping the old schema to the new one using the Append Tool's Field Mapping options? If that isn't comprehensive enough you can use Modelbuilder or Python to transform your data into a new format, then append that instead.

SeaRM
by
Regular Contributor

Maybe just try joining the data using the matching fields.

0 Kudos