Grid direction in other language than Pro settings

02-13-2023 03:08 AM
aromatamtam
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm looking for way to label the cardinal directions in my grid in another language than the one I set for ArcGIS Pro. For example, I want the E for East (english) displayed as O (german).

Currently, I can only achieve this, if I change the whole display language to German. 

Is there a way to tell the dynamic text used for labeling the grid to use German instead of English? I wouldn't mind writing an Add In or something if the changing of settings would be possible in the background.

Another idea I had that I couldn't get to work was to have some kind of if-statement, that changes the E to O.

I can't leave the cardinal direction blank and just write an O because sometimes my maps are instead in a location where there'd be a W...

1 Reply
NicoleContrerasMuñoz
New Contributor

Hi,

Along with greeting you, I have the same query, I have even downloaded the language pack in Spanish, I need to set the cardinal point "W" (west) to "o" (Oeste) as in Spanish.

Is there any configuration that does not involve changing the language of the program? In this case ArcGIS Pro 3.1.

Thank you

0 Kudos