graphics layer performance issues when dataframe rotation applied

10-27-2022 09:44 AM
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not - I can't find any documentation on it. I continue to have issues with the graphics layers in ArcGIS Pro performing poorly when a data frame rotation is applied. every time I scroll in or out on the layout view or map view, the orientation of the graphics changes. Also, sometimes when I export even if the graphics look totally fine in the layout, the graphics are shifted on the output. 

I like using graphics layers to avoid creating one time use data, but the current limitations lead to having to re do work and that can be very frustrating

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Shannon, 

I'm not aware of any map graphics drawing/performance issues with when viewed through a rotated map frame. We did fix a number of map graphic issues at version 2.9. Which version of Pro are you using?

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

Thanks Tom - i will contact support. I am using 2.9.2 (I have an add in I don't want to give up yet that isn't supported in 3.0)

0 Kudos
SH_DH
by
New Contributor II

Hi Shannon - did you ever get this resolved? Encountering the same bug in my organization as well.

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

yes - I reached out to support and it is logged as a bug: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/in-arcgis-pro-28x-or-29-the-graphics-of-a-graphic-layer-bug-00014...

Their current work around is to use ArcMap, my current work around is to avoid data frame rotations whenever possible. I think the bug is still present in Pro 3.%

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

@ShannonJ  - Thanks for submitting a bug!  I was able to take a quick look at the data provided in the bug and was able to reproduce the issue using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.  I was not able to reproduce the issue using a beta version of 3.2. It is quite possible that his issue got resolved as part of a different bug fix. 

I recommend that you, @SH_DH and anyone else running into an issue with the display of rotated map graphics monitor the BUG for official confirmation of it's status.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tom

PS: Looks like this issue was the same as BUG - 000161022. This issue was addressed at version 3.2. 

0 Kudos