Select to view content in your preferred language

GIS Explorer

12-17-2020 07:40 AM
Labels (1)
KenLucas1
Emerging Contributor

I've installed Explorer to my desktop. How do I get it to print screen. I know about the the share mark up/share screenshot button, accessible within the mark up tool. I'm wondering if there's a conventional print control that allows me to set a desired printer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor
0 Kudos
KenLucas1
Emerging Contributor

I'm embarrassed to say I'd not thought of Control P. Unfortunately, that didn't work after many tries. Your reply makes me think that the share markup / share screenshot are my only print options. If so, that's lame since the old explorer had conventional print controls. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hmmm, I think you may be right about the reduced printing options in the latest Explorer, unfortunately. Maybe just screenshot it into a Word Doc or something...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

arcgis explorer?  ArcGIS Explorer - ArcGIS Explorer Help (esri.com) under printing maps

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KenLucas1
Emerging Contributor

Dan, I'd read that article, but can't find that button in this new version of explorer. I remember that button being in the arc map explorer, many years ago. Thank you for the link, since I was confused when I read the article. Maybe that button is hidden?  I can't believe ESRI just lets us print screen captures. When I share the screen I just get options like onenote and email.  

0 Kudos
KenLucas1
Emerging Contributor

I'm aware that all of the layers must have the same coord system. If I want the vector layers to match the esri base map, can I simply change the map display coord syt or add in the vector layers after the raster for a project on the fly?  I've found that ESRI base maps won't package in a mobile map package. Can someone advise me how I might get esri base map imagery to depict in a field situration where I have no Cell signal?  

0 Kudos