GIS Explorer

12-17-2020 07:40 AM
Labels (1)
KenLucas1
New Contributor II

I've installed Explorer to my desktop. How do I get it to print screen. I know about the the share mark up/share screenshot button, accessible within the mark up tool. I'm wondering if there's a conventional print control that allows me to set a desired printer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor
0 Kudos
KenLucas1
New Contributor II

I'm embarrassed to say I'd not thought of Control P. Unfortunately, that didn't work after many tries. Your reply makes me think that the share markup / share screenshot are my only print options. If so, that's lame since the old explorer had conventional print controls. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hmmm, I think you may be right about the reduced printing options in the latest Explorer, unfortunately. Maybe just screenshot it into a Word Doc or something...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

arcgis explorer?  ArcGIS Explorer - ArcGIS Explorer Help (esri.com) under printing maps

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KenLucas1
New Contributor II

Dan, I'd read that article, but can't find that button in this new version of explorer. I remember that button being in the arc map explorer, many years ago. Thank you for the link, since I was confused when I read the article. Maybe that button is hidden?  I can't believe ESRI just lets us print screen captures. When I share the screen I just get options like onenote and email.  

0 Kudos
KenLucas1
New Contributor II

I'm aware that all of the layers must have the same coord system. If I want the vector layers to match the esri base map, can I simply change the map display coord syt or add in the vector layers after the raster for a project on the fly?  I've found that ESRI base maps won't package in a mobile map package. Can someone advise me how I might get esri base map imagery to depict in a field situration where I have no Cell signal?  

0 Kudos