Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting started with ARC GIS course- Not connecting data

10-25-2022 05:25 AM
RebeccaGrant
New Contributor

This may seem like a silly question, but I am trying to complete the 'Getting started with ArcGIS pro course'. I have downloaded the data on my computer but when I go to connect it, it disappears.  It says the data should be extracted to the  C:\EsriTraining folder. This was not appearing on my laptop. 

I have tried to comply the downloaded data into my C drive to open it, but then there is an exclamation mark on the folder that won't let me open it. 

Seems like such a basic step that I am getting stuck on and it is frustrating. 

Please advise as I would like to complete the course 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kim_Graham
Regular Contributor

Hi Rebecca, when you download the zipped folder, you should be able to go to that folder in your downloads, right click, extract and then create the C:\EsriTraining and navigate it there.  I know there are places that say it should automatically create the folder for you, but in my experience, it does not do that.  

From there, connect to the folder in ArcPro Catalog.  To do this, navigate to Folders, right click, and navigate the folder you created above.  If you have Pro open while extracting and creating the folder, you may need to close out and reopen and try to connect again.  I hope that helps....