Select to view content in your preferred language

Get Count returns wrong number of rows

900
9
Jump to solution
06-20-2022 04:11 AM
Labels (3)
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3

I have a point featureclass evd_bend_profile that contains 69972 records but Get Count returns 314 records. When I run Calculate Field (and other tools) they only operate on 314 rows.

Profile.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

I discovered that this was a generic problem with all featureclasses in the project, so created a new project file and the problem did not reappear. The problem was with the project file and not the data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

From the down arrow in the tool parameter, it seems like you don't use the actual feature class, but the layer from the map. If you have a selection or definition query in that layer, most tools will only affect the selected rows.

Drag&Drop the actual feature class from the database into the tool parameter (or use the folder button to browse to the feature class) and try again.


Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

Hi Johannes

Thanks for the suggestion Johannes, but alas not the problem as no definition query set and I get the same result when running with the FeatureClass directly from the database rather than the layer.

Dave

 

Dave

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Have you compressed the database recently

0 Kudos
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

The FGDB has never been compressed. I just ran Compact and still the same.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you working on a local drive or network share?  If network share, try copyng the data to a local drive and try again.

0 Kudos
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Yes, FGDB on network drives are a pain. It is on a local drive. 

Dave

 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Likely your feature class is corrupted.  Unfortunately, there is no simple fix.  Take a look at How To: Recover a corrupted feature class in ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap (esri.com). Also, if the network share supports file system snapshots, you should look back in time and see if you can recover some previous versions of the FGDB.

0 Kudos
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

Update: I have now been running the fix program for two and a half days and it is still running and the featureclass is locked preventing me seeing how many records are in the new feature class. Iterations seem to be slower than when the model first started with each on now taking around four seconds compared to one and a half at the start. 68000 records * 4 seconds = 3.15 days so it should have finished soon, if it works.

0 Kudos
DavidKidd2
New Contributor II

I discovered that this was a generic problem with all featureclasses in the project, so created a new project file and the problem did not reappear. The problem was with the project file and not the data.

0 Kudos