Select to view content in your preferred language

Georeferencing Tiff in Pro

02-14-2018 11:33 AM
MonicaBalestreri1
New Contributor

I need to georeference a tiff of a subdivision plat but I cannot figure out the control points. In ArcMap, I add the plat then select a control point on the plat and then the corresponding point from my data in ArcMap. I have selected Add Control Points in Pro but it will not let me select a location on the plat. It will only let me select from my data in ArcMap and then the plat but that is not working out because it shifts the wrong direction. Please Help! I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This sound like the option you are most familiar with http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/imagery/georeferencing-a-raster-to-a-referenced-layer.htm

there is a caveat about the coordinate systems of the map and the reference layer needing to be the same, but have a review in any case

0 Kudos
MonicaBalestreri1
New Contributor

I'm working on a different computer today and it seems to be working fine. I didn't have to do anything with the coordinate system. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on the computer I was using yesterday. I might need to reinstall on that computer. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos