Georeferencing in ArcGIS pro

Jump to solution
02-12-2015 02:05 PM
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to georeference images in ArcGIS pro? I can't find anything in the UI or the help docs for it.

Thanks,

Mark

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

We can currently perform basic georeferencing using the geoprocessing tools. We have planned a full blown user experience for georeferencing rasters in our roadmap.

regards,

Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

We can currently perform basic georeferencing using the geoprocessing tools. We have planned a full blown user experience for georeferencing rasters in our roadmap.

regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor

Vinay,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please point me towards any documentation or tutorials about the basic georeferencing? I've search the docs and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
JoeLivoti_II
New Contributor II

I know this may be a little late, and you may have already seen this, but i found that if your layer is highlighted in the contents, then click on imagery a georeference button is available. click that and it opens a new georef ab with the same basic functionality of arc desktop. hope this helps others who may be looking 

MartinVigerske
New Contributor

And you find these tools where? Georeferencing is absolut basic funtion and I can not find them in this all-so-wonderful-new-software...

I can not even edit a coordinate system (see other thread).

0 Kudos
AbbyBuchhop
New Contributor II

I agree. There should be a toolbar similar to what is available in ArcMap. I would like to move my georeferencing workflows to Pro because of it's faster drawing speeds (particularly parcel line drawing) and I can't seem to do so yet