Select to view content in your preferred language

Geometry Transfer in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-12-2021 04:56 PM
Labels (1)
SunniBoulton
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Pro V2.6 

On the old ArcMap "Spatial Adjustment" toolbar, we had the option in the transfer attributes process, to tick a box "Transfer geometry".

SunniBoulton_1-1610498349527.pngSunniBoulton_2-1610498356534.png

This permitted a transfer of geometry only, NOT the attributes.

Does anyone know if Pro has carried this over?  I cannot find an equivalent tick box on Pro's adjustment tool (see screenshot below). The "Replace Geometry" tool requires you to draw the new shape (not simply select a feature for the existing geometry to be transferred to).

SunniBoulton_0-1610497204851.png

Any help much appreciated!

14 Replies
TaraRussell-Weir
New Contributor II

I have not found a solution for this yet, when I was testing I also was using the utility network and still couldn't figure it out.  Maybe have to put in a request with ESRI since no one has replied even though they appear to be on this string?

0 Kudos
LynnCarlson
New Contributor

Hi - I was able to solve this for polygon to polygon; I've never had to deal with a trace network.  Hopefully someone from ESRI can diagnose.  Sorry not to be of help.

0 Kudos
TaraRussell-Weir
New Contributor II

No, I never figured it out.  I'm just using ArcMap to edit my utilities.  I am just seeing what I can/can't do before moving to UN or Trace Network.

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I also followed this exactly and it doesn't work.  Pro 3.03

MattHowe
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KeithAddison1 

Are both of your datasets in file geodatabases? One issue I’ve found is if you’re transferring geometries containing arcs, they’re not retained in the target feature. They’re just straight line arcs like we see in shapefiles. I’ve been going back to ArcMap as it’s easier, quicker and retains the arc geometries.

0 Kudos