Select to view content in your preferred language

Geometry cannot have Z values error when packaging a mobile map

08-20-2024 04:01 PM
GWThompson
New Contributor

So I am having an issue when packaging a mobile map for offline viewing. This is a package that I normally do every week, but just recently I have started getting the Z value error

GWThompson_0-1724193669023.png

unfortunately the error message isn't very helpful, and the log doesn't show much either

GWThompson_1-1724193745482.png

Through trial and error I narrowed it down to one layer, and checking out the layer it doesn't have Z or M values enabled, yet I am still getting the error

GWThompson_2-1724193868564.png

I've tried creating a new feature class and copying records over, tried deleting the last 2 months of new/edited records. I've ran the repair geometry tool which fixed some lines with short sections, and one null geometry, but still did not solve the problem.

Any ideas???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

By chance, do you have a field in that layer that actually has z value data entered? I don’t know if you’re creating this data from scratch, but if the data is preexisting then perhaps it was created when z values were aware?

0 Kudos
GWThompson
New Contributor

the data comes from an enterprise geodatabase, and same thing, no Z values anywhere. The only geometry field is a standard line type. I'm guessing the field type would be geometry if there was something that changed in the schema with a z value field

GWThompson_0-1724248204991.png

GWThompson_1-1724248879053.png

GWThompson_2-1724248905752.png

There are about 25 layers that are part of the map, and there is only the one layer causing the issue. I'm assuming there is some errant data that is causing the issue, but like I said I tried deleting records from the past 2 months just to rule that out.

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

This is a wild guess, so your geometry has no Z-values which you clearly show. Does the coordinate system of this Feature Class have a vertical coordinate system and could that be the problem?

So here is a screen shot of a dummy dataset where I have set the coordinate system to be British National grid and set its vertical coordinate system to be Newlyn. In ArcPro you can quickly check that the VCS has been set by looking at the layer properties, example below.

DuncanHornby_0-1724337790072.png

0 Kudos
KK_CCLP
New Contributor

Hey there. Having a similar issue. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
RobertKain1
New Contributor

Any Solution? I am having the same issue here when packaging a project.

0 Kudos
ChristineSeidel
Occasional Contributor

Any solution to this issue?  I'm having the same trouble.  I've tried saving as a new ArcPro Project and then attempt to create the Map Package. - no luck.  I've pasted the Map into a new Project & tried Map Package again.  No luck.  All the datasets are from various ArcGIS OnLine cloud sources.  I'm trying to save the Map Package locally.  None of the datasets have z values but still get this error.  Thanks.

0 Kudos