Generate Bearings in ArcPro?

12-09-2020 02:55 PM
Labels (2)
mmedinamilam152
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I used to do this in ArcMap but I am trying to completely use ArcPro. I get polylines from CAD and then I used to use the split  features into COGO lines. Then I would use the report tool to get the bearing. I would then just copy and paste it into a table. 

I don't know how to do that in Arcpro or if there is a simpler way. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The GP Tool Enable COGO, adds the required attribute fields to a line feature class.

On the View tab click the Geoprocessing button:

001ViewToolBarStartGeoP.png

On the Geoprocessing pane, click in the Search box and type COGO:

002GeoProcessingSearchCOGO.png

Start the Enable COGO tool

For the Input Line Features browse to the feature class:

003_EnableCOGO.png

Click Run.

After the feature class is COGO Enabled drag and drop it onto a map. When the new layer is created it detects the COGO fields and automatically applies specialized labeling and symbology for the new line layer.

ArcGIS Pro 2.6 introduced a new tool that adds the ability to Split lines into COGO lines: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/split-lines-into-cogo-lines.htm

004SplitIntoCOGOLines.png

If you select a COGO line after its split, and open the Attributes pane, using the button on the Edit tab, then you can copy and paste the value from there:

005CopyCOGODirectionAttribute.png

SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

I added bearings to a line feature class today using this process:

right click the line feature class -> Design -> Fields

Click here to add a new field -> name your field (I used the name bearing) -> save

SarahHartholt_1-1607633242454.png

Open the attribute table of the feature class, right click your bearing field and calculate geometry

SarahHartholt_0-1607633227648.png

then you can right click your feature class ->Data -> export table