Generate Attachment Match table for records with no attachment only

04-12-2018 12:15 PM
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

I have utility feature classes (water, sewer, storm) that have attachments (TIF files of the utility plan). 

After putting in new edits I want to be able to add attachments just to the new records.  I've tried: selecting the new records, make layer with selected features, and re-ran the Generate Attachment Match Table tool... the table created is still a full table match - showing records that I know already have an attachment.  If I run the Add Attachment tool with this match table it will re-add the attachments in ArcGIS Online giving me duplicate attachments. 

I'm looking for a workflow where I can add attachments just to my new edits (or a selection of records).  Right now, I'm thinking my only solution is to script a process where I run the Generate Attachment Match Table, then delete records in the match table based on a conditional statement, and then run the Add Attachments tool with the match table. 

Is this a glitch?  Am I missing something here?  Any ideas?  Thanks!

(ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasBurton
New Contributor

I know this is an old post, but were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? I have the same situation.

0 Kudos
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately no I didn't... I ended up manually updating the attachments.  Sorry for the late reply!

0 Kudos