Select to view content in your preferred language

General Function Failure; failed to open table

02-12-2019 02:34 PM
SamMontoia1
New Contributor III

General Function Failure.

At some point during my use of ArcGIS Pro 2.3, I confront with this image.  It comes when I have tried to open a data table from a feature class that's in my project.  My feature classes link to a SQL Server table that's immutable. Anyway, is the issue that my data linkages are unindexed?  

The ole' turning it back off and back on again (restarting ArcGIS pro) seems to fix the issue at least temporarily. 

13 Replies
salmanseahmed
New Contributor

I had the same issue. Was solved after restarting ArcGIS Pro.

DorianneDysart
New Contributor III

I had an almost identical error message that stated, “External component has thrown an exception” and the feature class attribute table would not open.  I have never seen this before.  Just prior to this, I was prompted to sign into ArcGIS Pro through AGOL license account.  I had forgotten password, but after a few attempts, got it right.  Normally I am automatically signed in though our organization, so wondered if this activity had to do with the error message.  Closing Pro down and reopening also cleared it for me.

0 Kudos
JMOceanographic
New Contributor II

Having the same issue in the newest ArcGIS Pro 3.0. Saved the project using the same version. I essentially lost all the progress I made. "Failed to load table", "Failed to load map view". The project is stored on an HD. Since I have started working with ArcGIS Pro two weeks ago I needed to restart my work two times already. is any fix possible after this happens? Seems quite unreliable at the moment

JMOceanographic
New Contributor II

Also the tools I developed within the project "Fail to open". 

0 Kudos